Read the following passage carefully and answer question No. 1 – 5: “In the present state of the country, its defence has become all the more important. All the national planning activities should be viewed from this angle. The main base of a countries power is its economic stability. Economists are of the opinion that the economic condition of India is more stable in comparison to many other countries. Yet, we should always be prepared to make sacrifices for its defence and all round progress.”
1. What would be the proper heading of this passage?
(A) Economic discipline
(B) Importance of defence of a country.
2. Which is more important for the country at present?
(B) Food policy
3. What is the main base of country’s power?
(A) Economic stability
4. From which angle the national planning should be viewed?
(A) Economic stability
5. What is the opinion of the economists on the economic condition of the country?
(C) Better than many countries
6. What is the main problem of Jharkhand?
7. Identify the tribe related to weaving
8. What is ‘Devigudi’?
(A) Place of worshipping Durga
(C) Meeting place
9. Which is the second State language in India?
10. In which tribe of Jharkhand Tiljang’ custom is present?
11. ‘Amanburu’ is related to
(A) Asur colony
(B) Birhor colony
(C) Refugee colony
(D) Birsa Munda
12. What is the traditional profession of Swansi Caste?
(C) Making utensils
13. Which among the following is not a primitive tribe?
14. Statue of Tilka Manjhi is established inwww.netugc.com
15. ‘Dirichapi’ custom is related to
(A) Munda tribe
(B) Ho tribe
(C) Oraon tribe
(D) Santhal tribe
16. Assertion (A): There is difference between Adivasi and Sadan.
Reason (R): Because their festivals are different.
(A) (A) and (R) both are correct.
(B) (R) is correct, not (A).
(C) (A) and (R) both are wrong.
(D) (A) is correct, not (R).
17. Soharai festival is related to
(A) Burning light
(B) Cattle worship
(C) New food
(D) End of rain
18. Which tribe worship in ‘Jaher era’?
19. How many Scheduled Tribes are in Jharkhand?
20. In which year the CNT Act was promulgated?
(A) 1920 A.D.
(B) 1908 A.D.
(C) 1857 A.D.
(D) 2000 A.D.
21. ‘O wind thou flow slowly’. What is ‘wind’ in this sentence?
22. For which language Yogendra Nath Tiwari has worked?
23. To which group of sound Pa, Pha, Ba, Bha, Ma belong?
24. Identify the correct match:
(A) i. Cow i. Noun
(B) ii. They ii. Indefinite pronoun
(C) iii. I iii. Third person
(D) iv. Someone iv. Second person
25. What type of difference is in dialect and language?
(A) Like water and milk
(B) Like garden and grove
(C) Like flower and fruit
(D) Like daughter and daughter in law
26. Following are the examples of interjectional or Pooh-Pooh theory of the origin of language?
(A) Aha, Chhih, Oh, hay
(B) Khat-Khat, Jhan-Jhan, Dhadadhad
(C) Ho-Ho, Hun-Hun, Haiya-Ho
(D) Ram-Ram, Hare-Hare, Sheo- Sheo
27. What type of change is in Megh> Meh, Stan > Than, Snan>Nahana?www.netugc.com
(A) Word change
(B) Sound change
(C) Meaning change
(D) Idea change
28. What is the field of study of semantics?
(B) Elevation of meaning
(C) Deterioration of meaning
(D) Different aspects of meaning
29. To which category the Chinese Script belong?
30. What is the order of words in English sentence?
(A) Subject → Object → Verb
(B) Verb → Object → Subject
(C) Object → Subject → Verb
(D) Subject → Verb → Object
31. ‘Jiske pas vidya hai, uska sarvatra adar hota hai.” What kind of sentence is this?
(A) Complex sentence
(B) Compound sentence
(C) General sentence
(D) Simple sentence
32. Who is not a linguist among the following?
(A) Bholanath Tiwari
(B) Devendra Nath Sharma
(C) George Abraham Grierson
(D) Kamta Prasad Guru
33. Identify the correct match:
a. Hindi i. Arabic
b. Chinese ii. Olchiki
c. Urdu iii. Nagari
d. Santali iv. Pictography
a b c d
(A) iii iv i ii
(B) iv i ii iii
(C) i ii iii iv
(D) ii iii iv i
34. Hindi ‘rani’, Sanskrit ‘maharani’ aurangreji ‘naukarani’ hai.” Whose statement is this?
(A) Ram Chandra Shukla
(B) Shyam Sundar Das
(C) Camil Bulke
(D) Ram Khelawan Pandey
35. How can we save the extincting mother tongue?
(A) By linking it with education and employment.
(B) By love of mother tongue.
(C) By creative writing.
(D) By propaganda.
36. What is the principal ‘Ras’ in ‘Bisal Dev Raso’?
(A) Veer Ras
(B) Shringar Ras
(C) Hasya Ras
(D) Veebhatsa Ras
37. Who is the author of ‘Ram Charit Manasa’?
38. What was the objective of writing Mahabharata?
(A) Description of war
(B) To establish ‘Karm’
(C) To show uselessness of material world
(D) The result of greediness
39. Who is the writer of ‘Katha Sarit Sagar’?
(C) Vishnu Sharma
40. Who is the author of ‘Meghadootam’?
41. What is ‘Dingal’?
(A) Old Rajasthani Language
(B) A fruit
(D) Dance of Shankar
42. When was Meerabai born?
(A) 1446 A.D.
(B) 1456 A.D.
(C) 1498 A.D.
(D) 1520 A.D.
43. How many parts are in ‘Bijak’?
44. What is the language of ‘Sursagar’?
45. What kind of devotional poet was Kabirdas?
(C) Prem Margi
46. Identify the poet belonging to Ritikal
(B) Chand Bardai
47. Who is an Adivasi poet among the following?
(A) Phakirmohan Senapati
(B) Sarla Devi
(C) Bhima Bhoi
(D) Gopinath Mohanti
48. Which script is popularly used for Assamia language?
49. Who is the writer of the novel ‘Charitraheen’?
(A) Sarat Chandra
(B) Rabindranath Tagore
(C) Michael Madhusudan Dutt
(D) Mahashweta Devi
50. Identify the correct match:
a. Bharatendu i. Titali
b. Agyeya ii. Karmbhumi
c. Premchand iii. Bharat Durdasha
d. Jai Shankar Prasad iv. HariGhas par ChhanBhar
a b c d
(A) i iii ii iv
(B) iii iv ii i
(C) iv iii ii i
(D) iii ii iv i
51. Which Rasa is called Rasraj?
52. “Poetry, at bottom, is a criticism of life.” Whose definition is this?
(C) Matthew Arnold
(D) I.A. Richards
53. Assertion (A): Literature inspires human being.
Reason (R): Because it touches emotion.
(A) (A) and (R) are correct.
(B) (A) and (R) are wrong.
(C) (A) is correct, not (R).
(D) (R) is correct, not (A).
54. What is more important in drama?
55. What makes the style effective?
56. Is literature beneficial for life?
(C) To some extent
(D) To great extent
57. “Ramaniyarth Pratipadakah Sabdah Kavyam.” Whose definition is this?
(A) Panditraj Jagannath
(B) Acharya Vishwanath
58. Which Kavyaguna is favourable for Veer Rasa?
59. Identify ‘Upmeya’ in this sentence:
‘His letter is like a flower for me.’
60. Who is the author of ‘Sahityadarpan’?
61. For which region’s folklore Colonel Tod has worked?
(A) Whole India
(B) Eastern India
(D) Santhal Pargana
62. To which area the folk drama, ‘Tamasha’ belongs?
(B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Whole India
63. Proverb is the expression of
(A) Folk experience
(D) Blind faith
64. What is ‘Damkach’?
(A) Folk dance
(B) Folk drama
(C) Folk song
(D) Folk song and dance
65. To which scholar of Jharkhand the Jharkhand Government has honoured with the life achievement award?
(A) Sharda Prasad Sharma
(B) Madhu Mansuri
(C) B.P. Keshari
(D) Yashoda Devi
66. Whose pen-name is ‘Akashkhunti’?
(A) Chitranjan Mahto
(B) Girdhari Goswami
(C) A.K. Jha
(D) Vinod Kumar
67. Which language is the field of study of Lakhikant Mahto?
68. Who is the writer of ‘Namhai Edpa’?
(A) Dr. Nirmal Minz
(B) Prof. Indrajit Oraon
(C) Gopal Oraon
(D) Justin Ekka
69. Who has written ‘Santali Sahityaka Udbhavaur Vikas’?
(A) Dr. K.C. Tudu
(B) Ganesh Murmu
(C) Shishir Tudu
(D) Digambar Hansda
70. Which national award has been awarded to Dr. Ram Dayal Munda?
(A) Padma Vibhusan
(B) Padma Bhusan
(C) Padma Shri
(D) Param Veer
71. Which script has been invented by Lakho Bodra?
(A) Varang Chiki
72. Who is the writer of ‘Poos Peetha’?
(A) Karamchand Ahir
(B) Chandramohan Mahto
(C) Parmanand Mahto
(D) Santosh Sahu ‘Preetam’
73. Who has written ‘Sembho Ro Dakai’?
(A) Rose Kerketta
(B) Julius Baa
(C) Mary Soreng
(D) Joakim Dungdung
74. What is ‘Karam Katha’?www.netugc.com
(C) Fairy Tale
75. What is the equivalent word in Hindi for ‘Motif’?
(B) Kathanak Rurhi
(C) Lok Tatwa
(D) Lok Vishwas