1. The normal cycle of erosion is associated with
(A) Marine Erosion
(B) Wind Erosion
(C) River Erosion
(D) Glacial Erosion
2. Which among the following is one of the forces responsible for continental drift according to Wegner?
(A) Tidal force
(B) Convection currents
(C) Tensional force
(D) Compressional force
3. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List – I List – II
I. Kettle 1. Small mountain lake occupying a cirque
II. Tarn 2. Low winding glacio – Alluvial ridge
III. Esker 3. Oval or elliptical hill of glacial till
IV. Drumlin 4. Deep depression usually situated along the moraine belt
I II III IV
(A) 4 3 2 1
(B) 2 4 1 3
(C) 4 1 2 3
(D) 3 4 2 1
4. Most of the details of world’s topography belongs to the
(A) Pre-cambrian era
(B) Paleozoic era
(C) Mesozoic era
(D) Cenozoic era
5. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List – I (Rivers) List – II (Tributaries)www.netugc.com
a. Krishna 1. Chambal
b. Brahmaputra 2. Indravati
c. Godavari 3. Tista
d. Yamuna 4. Bhima
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 3 2 1
(B) 3 4 1 2
(C) 4 3 1 2
(D) 3 4 2 1
6. Air movement in the troposphere is caused by
(A) Solar wind
(B) Convective current
(C) Gravitational force
(D) Air pressure
7. The unit of air pressure measurement is
(C) Metres per second
(D) Hecta Pascal
8. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List – I List – II
I. Ferrel cell 1. Doldrums
II. Hadley cell 2. Easterlies
III. Polar cell 3. Westerlies
IV. Intertropical convergence zone 4. Trade winds
I II III IV
(A) 3 2 1 4
(B) 1 4 3 2
(C) 3 4 2 1
(D) 2 3 4 1
9. Which one of the following is not a mechanism of energy transfer?
10. Given below are the two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and other labelled as Reason (R).
Assertion (A): Stable air resists vertical movement and unstable air ascends freely because of its own buoyancy.
Reason (R): When stable air is forced aloft the clouds that form are widespread and have little vertical thickness.
In the context of the above two statements, which one of the following is correct?
(A) (A) is correct but (R) is wrong.
(B) (A) is wrong but (R) is correct.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are wrong.www.netugc.com
11. The cold current flowing along the coast of Chile and Peru is known as
12. The average difference in the water level between high tide and low tide at a place is referred to as:
(A) Tidal bore
(B) Tidal period
(C) Tidal range
(D) Tidal wave
13. Domestication of plants and animals was started in
(A) Paleolithic period
(B) Mesolithic period
(C) Neolithic period
(D) Pre-paleolithic period
14. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Autotrophs : Take energy from inorganic sources and fix it into energy rich organic compound
(B) Heterotrophs : Obtain their energy from living organism
(C) Herbivores : Organisms that consume plants and animals
(D) Detrivores : Obtain their energy from dead organism
15. Flat topped sea mounts are known as
16. Which one of the following pairs does not match correctly?
(A) P. Haggett : Geography : A modern synthesis
(B) P. E. James : All possible worlds
(C) G. P. Marsh : Explanation in Geography
(D) Abler, Adams & Gould : Spatial organization
17. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) The concept of areal differentiation is related with ideographic approach.
(B) The concept of areal differentiation is related with nomothetic approach.
(C) The exponent of the concept of areal differentiation was Richard Hartshorne.
(D) The concept of areal differentiation is related with chorology.
18. ‘The same environment carries different meanings to people with different ways of living and culture’. This statement is related with the concept of
(B) Stop – and – go determinism
19. Who among the following emphasized on the behavioural environment in Geography?
20. Who defined Geography as human ecology?
21. Which one of the following metropolitan cities has registered the largest population in 2011 census?
22. Which of the following States in India is passing through the stage of Demographic Transition which entails low fertility and low mortality?
23. Which one of the following is the important factor in Rural out – migration in India?
(A) Agricultural inefficiency
(B) Population growth
(C) Lack of Basic services in rural areas
24. The ‘Range of a Good’ refers to
(A) The maximum distance which people have to travel to purchase a good or service.
(B) The variety of goods available at a market place.
(C) The maximum demand to make the service or good viable.
(D) The maximum population necessary for survival of a function.
25. The ‘Administrative Principle’ in Christaller’s ‘Central Place Theory’ refers to
(A) K = 3
(B) K = 4
(C) K = 7
(D) K = 9
26. Which one of the following may be categorised as footloose industry?
(B) Ship building
(C) Electronic components
(D) Cotton textile
27. Gross Cultivated Area divided by Net Sown Area is known as
(A) Agricultural efficiency
(B) Crop diversification
(C) Crop concentration
(D) Crop intensity
28. The theory of least cost location was proposed by
29. The intensive cultivation of vegetables, fruits and flowers in the periphery of cities in USA is called
(A) Truck farming
(B) Factory farming
(C) Market gardening
(D) Agri – farming
30. Why are steel mills within Japan drawn to coastal locations?
(A) Nearness to iron ore reserves
(B) Nearness to local markets
(C) Availability of cheap labour
(D) To minimise transportation cost for imported raw materials and steel exports
31. Which one of the following criteria is not used for the classification of human races?
32. Match the following tribes and their habitats:
a. Khirgiz 1. Central Asia
b. Yakuts 2. Siberia
c. Lapps 3. Scandinavia
d. Eskimos 4. Canada
(A) a – 1, b – 3, c – 2, d – 4
(B) a – 4, b –2, c – 3, d – 1
(C) a – 2, b –1, c – 3, d – 4
(D) a – 1, b – 2, c – 3, d – 4
33. Which of the following statements is not true about a State?
(A) It has a territorial base.
(B) It always has a social or cultural base.
(C) It claims internal sovereignty.
(D) It claims sovereignty in external relations.
34. Which of the following languages does not belong to the Dravidian family?
35. The habitat of the Toda tribe is
(A) Aravalli range
(B) Siwalik range
(C) Kaimur range
(D) Nilgiri hills
36. Which one of the following indicators is most commonly used to measure the economic development of a country?
(A) Infant mortality rate
(B) Availability of potable water
(C) Female literacy
(D) Gross National Product per capita
37. Which of the following matches is not correct?
(A) Myrdal : Cumulative causation model
(B) Friedmann : Core– periphery model
(C) Boudville : Transport model
(D) Frank : Dependency model
38. Who among the following formalized the concept that there exists relationship between the spatial organisation and national development?
39. Which of the following sequences of the stages of economic growth according to Rostow’s model is correct?
(A) Traditional society, drive to maturity, take off, high mass consumption
(B) Traditional society, take off, drive to maturity, high mass consumption
(C) Traditional society, take off, high mass consumption, drive to maturity
(D) Traditional society, drive to maturity, high mass consumption, take off
40. Which one of the following is a ‘Formal’ Region?
(A) Delhi metropolitan region
(B) Hyderabad – Secunderabad region
(C) Delhi – Jaipur – Agra Triangle
(D) Assam – Valley
41. Between 2001 and 2011, the sex-ratio (Females per thousand males) has
(A) increased by 5 to 10
(B) decreased by 5 to 10
(C) remained constant
(D) increased by less than 5
42. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List – I (Mineral) List – II (Mines)
a. Copper 1. Kudremukh
b. Iron ore 2. Balaghat
c. Manganese 3. Kodarma
d. Mica 4. Khetri
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 4 3
(B) 3 2 1 4
(C) 4 1 3 2
(D) 4 1 2 3
43. In India, mangrove is the most important tree of
(A) Tropical moist deciduous forests
(B) Tidal forests
(C) Tropical dry deciduous forests
(D) Sub–tropical moist forests
44. Which one of the following does not match correctly?
(A) Vishakhapatnam - Ship building
(B) Titlagarh – Railway equipment
(C) Bhadravati - Iron & Steel
(D) Pinjore – Machine Tools
45. In which of the following Decades, India experienced highest percentage of decadal growth?
46. Which one of the following is most appropriate for showing frequency distribution?
(A) Bar graph
(C) Pie diagram
(D) Line graph
47. Which one of the following is commonly used for computing the average value of river discharge?
(A) Arithmetic mean
(B) Geometric mean
(C) Harmonic mean
(D) Weighted mean
48. Which one of the following Rn values shows the random pattern of point distribution?
49. Which one of the following sampling techniques is most suitable for selection of representative villages of an area with diversified geographical features?www.netugc.com
(B) Stratified – random
50. In which one of the following methods interpolation is used?