1. ‘Internal criticism’ is a required stepin
(A) Experimental Research
(B) Historical Research
(C) Descriptive Research
(D) Philosophical Research
2. Which sampling technique will be most appropriate to draw a representative sample of heterogeneous population?
(A) Stratified Random
3. Chi-square test is an example of
(A) Parametric test
(B) Non-Parametric testwww.netugc.com
(C) Descriptive test
(D) Survey test
4. A highly reliable test is required for the purpose of
(A) Using teacher made test
(B) Testing for research purpose
(C) Dividing students into ability groups
(D) Providing guidance services
5. Which of the following won a Nobel Prize for his pioneering work on learning theories?
(A) R.M. Gayne
(B) J.S. Bruner
(C) Lev Vygotsky
(D) Ivan Pavlov
6. According to Piaget, cognitive development in human beings takes place through four important stages. Identify the correct order of these stages.
(A) Pre-operational, formal operational, concrete operational, sensory motor
(B) Sensory motor, concrete operational, formal operational pre-operational
(C) Formal operational, sensory motor, pre-operational, concrete operational
(D) Sensory motor, pre-operational, concrete operational, formal operational
7. Match the List – I with List – II &select the correct answer using the code given below:
List – I List – II
a. Carl Roger i. Field theory
b. Kurt Levin ii. Social learningtheory
c. Bandura iii. Self-theory
d. Bruner iv. Psychoanalytic theory
v. Cognitive theory
a b c d
(A) iii iv ii v
(B) ii i v iii
(C) i ii iv v
(D) iii i ii v
8. In Pavlov’s experiments on the salivary conditioning of dogs, the CS was
(A) The taste of food
(B) Salivation to the taste of food
(C) The sound of a bell
(D) Salivation to the sound of bell
9. Kohlar developed
(A) S-R bond theory
(B) Insight theory
(C) Field theory
(D) Conditioning theory
10. Which of the following is an incorrect pair?
(A) Multiple theory of intelligence – Guilford
(B) Theory of classical conditioning – Pavlov
(C) Psycho-social theory – Erikson
(D) Theory of meaningful verbal learning – Aasubel
11. What is the view of Educational Sociologists on Character Education?
(A) Character Education is the exclusive province of the home and religious organisations.
(B) Character Education is impossible without religious and denominational doctrine
(C) Character Education is best handled by giving the target readymade judgements.
(D) Character Education should involve the direct discussion of moral issues.
12. “Investment in Education is the single, largest item of expenditure, next to defence, in many countries today.” What is the social justification?
I. Education has become a pressing need under globalization.
II. Education is the Panacea for social ills.
III. Education produces unselfish and competent leaders for establishing polity.
IV. Education helps to procure security, prosperity and social well-being for all.
Choose the correct answer from the given codes:
(A) I and III
(B) II and IV
(C) I and II
(D) III and IV
13. Which was the major factor for caste distinction in India before independence?
(C) English Education
(D) Family Occupation
14. Deductive Reasoning helps in
(A) Research Reporting
(B) Formulation of Hypothesis
(C) Data Analysis
(D) Tools Preparation
15. Which method focuses on generating new hypothesis?
(D) None is correct
16. The feasibility of a research study should be considered in the light of
(A) Potential ethical concerns
(B) Skills required for the researcher
(C) Cost and time required to conduct the research
(D) All of above
17. Which of the following is not the feature of symbols assigned to categories on a nominal scale?
(A) No quantitative meaning
(B) Nothing more than labels or names
(C) May be ordered according to magnitude
(D) Cannot be subjected to arithmetic operations
18. The learning theories under behaviourist category are based on the belief that
(A) Child is a natural learner.
(B) Environment can change a man.
(C) All behaviours can be learnt.
(D) Everybody can learn everything.
19. Bruner identified three major stages of cognitive growth. Identify the correct order of the stages.
(A) Symbolic, Iconic, Enactive
(B) Iconic, Symbolic, Enactive
(C) Enactive, Iconic, Symbolic
(D) Symbolic, Enactive, Iconic
20. Army Beta test is an example of
(A) Individual verbal test of intelligence
(B) Group non-verbal test of intelligence
(C) Group verbal test of intelligence
(D) Performance test
21. Critically judge the following:
Assertion (A): Adolescence is a period of stress and storm.
Reason (R): Capacity to acquire and utilise their knowledge reaches its peak.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is not the correct explanation.
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
22. “The responses which are followed by satisfying after-effects tends to be learned”, is
(A) The law of exercise
(B) The law of effect
(C) The law of readiness
(D) The law of relativity
23. Spranger’s typology is based on men
(B) Body structure
24. What is meant by the term socialization?
(A) Influencing the rural illiterate masses, by social and service organisations, to send their children to schools regularly.
(B) Media information, including advertisements, to keep their houses, streets and public places clean.
(C) Process of interaction among members of the society and inhibiting values.
(D) Participating in social service activities.
25. Who is regarded as the Father of Sociology?
(A) Auguste Comte
(C) Robert Payne
(D) Talcott Parson
26. Which one does indicate a healthy atmosphere for the social functioning of the class/school?
(A) Democracy as a compromise between Laissez faire and Autocracy.
(B) Democracy as a compromise between Persuasion and Permission.
(C) Laissez faire
27. The proposition about research that you do not agree is
(A) Research improves the quality of teaching.
(B) Research leads to finding solution to too many problems.
(C) Research is only a personnel achievement.
(D) Research contributes to social progress of the society.
28. Which of the following is a non-parametric test?
(A) Analysis of Covariance
(B) Analysis of Variance
(C) Median Test
(D) Critical Ratio
29. Which of the following statements is true for reliability and validity of a measuring instrument?
(A) Reliable test is also valid.
(B) Validity does not ensure reliability.
(C) Validity and reliability are not related.
(D) Valid test must be reliable.
30. According to the behaviourist school of psychology, the teacher is
(A) store-house of knowledge.
(B) A leader in the classroom.
(C) Supervisor of children’s learning activities.
(D) Creator of appropriate learning conditions.
31. Who has given the theory of ‘Social Learning’?
(C) Albert Bandra
Answer: (A C)
32. Law of exercise enables students to
(D) Problem solving
33. Which of the following students need their teachers attention?
(B) Slow learners
(D) All of these
34. Which one of the following conditions qualifies to be an instance of negative reinforcement?
(A) Giving a punishment
(B) Withholding a reward
(C) Withdrawing a painful stimulus
(D) Excessive rewarding
35. A child who uses a wheel chair
(A) Should not be in the regular school.
(B) Should study only in a special school.
(C) Should be given education with non-disabled students in a regular school.
(D) Should be given education in a regular school in a lower class.
36. “School is a community in miniature, a micro society.” What do the terms “Community” and “Society” signify in the context?
I. Community signifies freedom.
II. Community signifies equal treatment to all.
III. Society signifies equality of educational and job opportunities.
IV. Society signifies control.
Choose the correct answer from the given codes:
(A) III and II
(B) III and I
(C) III and IV
(D) I and IV
37. ‘Individual Differences’ are given the least importance in
38. What is the basic criterion for social class?
(D) Locale of Residence
39. On the basis of an achievement test, the teacher rated Ram, Shyam &Dhyan as 1st, 2nd & 3rd respectively. This is an example of
(A) Ratio Scale
(B) Ordinal Scale
(C) Internal Scale
(D) Nominal Scale
40. If the tenth grade students find science test to be very easy and majority of them scored high marks, the resulting description would be
(C) Skewed to the left
(D) Skewed to the right
41. “Give me the baby and I will make it as you desire” was the diction pronounced by
42. The term “Behaviourism” was first given by
(A) David Ausubel
(B) J.B. Watson
(C) E.L. Thorndike
(D) B.F. Skinner
43. Thorndike’s theory is also known as
44. In introspection method, observation is done by
45. In which one of the methods the “existing knowledge” is used to draw conclusions?
(A) Inductive reasoning method
(B) Deductive reasoning method
(C) Survey method
(D) Positivistic method
46. Pavlov and Skinner belongs to
(D) Gestalt Psychology
47. Which of the following is an agent of positive social change?
48. Why is Sharda Act important in the Indian context?
(A) It recommends free education for all children up to the age of fourteen.
(B) It recommends supply of study materials to girls free of cost.
(C) It prohibits child marriage of girls.
(D) It prohibits child labour.
49. How is the term “Culture” defined?
(A) As a complex whole, this includes virtually everything, acquired by man being a member of the society.
(B) As the using of the latest in costumes, home appliances, cars, etc. in the day to day life.
(C) As the using of computer, mobile phones and internet.
(D) As becoming members of prominent clubs, wearing costly dress and eating in luxury hotels.
50. A student has scored 80 marks in a test of Psychology and 60 marks in Statistics. These scores can be compared by converting them into
(C) Standard scores
(D) Rank differences